Friday 17 October 2014

Read Play Blog #1: Game character I would like to be this Halloween?

Read Play Blog is a meme about video games and books, posted every 16th of the month. Bloggers are encouraged to answer a discussion question, and recommend a video game that is similar to a book they liked. Hosted by Happy Indulgence Books & Read Me Away.

Okay so apart from loving books and make up I also love video games (preferred PS3) so I thought it will be fun to take part in Read Play Blog.

Question: What game character would you like to be this Halloween?

 I never really celebrated Halloween till I came to Uni since it was not a big event back in Malaysia and was kinda surprise that it's not that popular here in Australia. I guess its an American thing. The kind of characters that I love are the strong, kickass and independent who are sarcastic and quirky.

 please don't laugh at my kinda fail attempt of doing a serious poker face :P

Last Year I Actually cosplay as Jodie from Beyond Two Souls for Halloween.

I was really into the video game Beyond Two Souls when it first came out and spent a good amount of my spring break playing the game with my friends. Played by Ellen Page, Beyond follows Jodie Holmes, a trouble youth with a paranormal friend, a ghostly entity called Aiden who is both a gift and a curse. I like her personality. Strong, intelligent, sarcastic not to mention very kickass.


Another character I will love to cosplay as is Ellie from the Last of Us. Ellie one of my all time fictional character. There are moments where she is freaking kickass and quick thinking especially with her bow and arrow or even with her switchblade which saves her and Joel's life countless times but also times where she's a regular sarcastic yet curious teenager who's always asking Joel random questions about life before the apocalypse. She's also independent and a quick learner on how to survive and fight by herself as we see when playing as her in some parts of the game (Winter and the DLC).

One more character I'll love to be is Faith from Mirror's Edge. The game is a recent discovery the after I saw the trailer for the sequel that was showed at E3. I love how faith looks with the tattoos on her eye and arm. What's cool is that she's Asian so it will be a lot easier for me to dress up as her. No wigs or hair dye needed! In the game she's part of an elite couriers call Runners who transport messages by foot across the rooftops of this futuristic city. She reminds me of Chell from Portal since we don't see her unless its a cut scene or her reflection on the glass walls.


My recommendation this month: Uncharted 3



So I thought I'll start my first video game recommendation with an oldie but a goodie that is the Uncharted series. Uncharted has a similar premise to Tomb Raider. Following treasure hunter Nathan Drake, his mentor Victor Sullivan aka Sully and journalist Elena as they travel around the world to uncover various historical mysteries. I love the action-adventure primes of the game along with it incorporating historical facts into the plot. My favorite is the the third uncharted as it have some of the best action sequences I've played in a video game along with a really good story line. I also love how they give more back story for Drake and Sully as we get to know how those two meet.

The forth game is coming out in the next couple of years so I'm pretty hyped about that!

Currently Playing: The Maze Runner Official App


In conjunction with the release of The Maze Runner Movie, they released a Maze Runner App Game.

I've been swarm with exams and assignments so I have not been playing much games apart from occasionally replaying The Last Of Us on the PS3. I usually don't like playing games on my phone as I get bored of them very easily but I've been playing the maze runner on my phone for almost a month whenever I have time to kill and its actually very addictive. Its pretty much like Temple Run meets American ninja with a lot of obstacles. If they ever bring this game to PC or PS as a Mirror Edge/Uncharted style game I will definitely buy it even though my experience with movie turn video games in the past have not been that good (*cough *cough Harry Potter).

Definitely check out this game if you are a fan of the book and/or the movie and if you like temple run!

Download the game here



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating in the meme this month Rou! Jodie and Ellie actually look quite similar (they both look like Ellen Page) but I liked your cosplay, it's definitely noticeable who you are :) Faith would be an awesome cosplay too, she's so edgy and awesome! Oh, I have heard great things about the Uncharted series, unfortunately I'm not big on console so I haven't played it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah i noticed the similarities between both characters! I originally wanted to be ellie but then Beyond two souls came out so I became Jodie. Check out the uncharted series! its one of the reasons why I love the ps console more!

      Delete