Thursday 5 February 2015

January Wrap Up, Highlights and Favorites 2015 +RYBSAT Round 4 wrap up

Guys... we survived the first month of 2015!!!

January was a great start to the new year! I had a lot of good reads, spent some good time with my family, went on a couple of trips and GOT A JOB!




Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - 5/5 stars (Full Review)

Picture Perfect (Geek Girl, #3) by Holly Smale - 4.5/5 stars (Full Review)

Pop Rock Love by Raine Koh - 3/5 stars (Full Review)

Love, Lies and Lemon Pies by Katy Cannon - 5/5 stars (Full Review)

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales - 4.5/5 stars (Full Review)

Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan 4.5/5 stars (Full Review)

Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid 4.5/5 stars (Full Review)

I started the year with a lot of good reads and reduced a chunked of my TBR pile. Most of the books I read were anticipated books of 2014 that I finally got around to reading.
Earlier of the month I did a bit of traveling, so I occupied myself with reading in the car/ bus/ plane as I'll go nuts if I have to sit still with nothing to do for 2+++ hours.
I also took part in the #RYBSAT Round 4 which I kind of failed on that read-a-thon challenge, biting more than I can chew. I could have read more but just after I posted my TBR on the websphere, I got a call that I got this summer internship I applied for weeks before that I got accepted and start working the following week aka the RYBSAT week!
Haha, so obviously I had to set my priorities straight and work! I managed to read 2 of the 5 books planed on my RYBSAT TBR that was Love and Other Foreign Words and Masquerade. 

I did eventually read the other book I planned for the read-a-thon, just not during the read-a-thon.
My favourite books of the month were definitely Since You've been Gone, Masquerade, Love Lies and Lemon Pie and A Thousand Pieces of You.
I also enjoyed Let's get Loss, Love and Other Foreign Words, the Geek Girl series (which I'm looking forward to the next book in this series) and This song will save your life!


1) Baskin Robbins Peanut Butter 'N Chocolate Ice Cream

Its a tradition where my family ring in the New Year with Ice Cream Sundaes instead of Champagne since not many of us are drinkers and everyone loves Ice Cream!

I always look forward to this as I love ice cream and one of my cousins usually contribute a tub of Baskin Robbins with the Peanut Butter 'N Chocolate flavour which is my favourite from the brand.

2) Lush 'The Comforter' Bauble Bar

I stocked up on some Lush Goodies before I left Australia since we don't have Lush here in Malaysia and one of my favourite product is ' The Comforter' Bauble Bar. It smells like a fruity bauble gum and makes frothy baubles.

Sadly its quiet expensive at $10.50 per piece but I break it up to 8-10 chunks so that its worth my bucks.


3) Thailand Trip

Travelled to Thailand with my family again this month, this time my dad came along. Its the first time in years we had a family vacation out of the country where my dad can come along as his work does not allow him to travel often.
We did a lot of sight seeing though my favourite thing about this trip was this 3D interactive art Museum where you can interact and take pictures with the art!
 
Its freaking wicked and my family had a fun time playing around.

My dad also loves the Curry Crab and one thing I learned from this trip is that his definition of the word 'CUTE' and mine are very different. Though this picture of him is cute ;3 #sorrydad #ihadto.

Also there was a Pokémon parade and I died of cuteness as an army of Pikachu marching into the mall! I regretted not having my pokeball with me as I wanted to catch them all!
4) BALIK KAMPUNG!!!

Bahasa Malaysia 101 - Balik (Go back) Kampung (village or in this case home town)
Took a road trip to my family's home town, Penang for a weekend to visit my family.
When in Penang we EAT! Its the land of Hawke Food Heaven as every corner you turn you'll see a hawker store or coffee shop with a good variety of local cuisines!
5) I GOT A JOB (okay its an internship but I am still to call it a job)
 
I am currently interning at an accounting firm training and preparing myself for when I graduate.

Took a quick picture of my desk on one of my breaks and NO the job has nothing to do with reviewing books or books in general but I did get starbucks on one of the days!

6) Mum's Birthday!!!


For the first time in years I'm finally home for Mum's birthday as the last few years I was in Australia for school/ programs so I didn't get a chance to celebrate her birthday till this year!
 
So yah that's my wrap up, highlights and favs for the month!

Till Next time

 




No comments:

Post a Comment