Thursday 12 March 2015

Book To Movie News: Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns, The Scorch Trials & Insurgent!

Okay so if any of you guys are Facebook and Twitter addicts (like the person typing this post) you will have seen A LOT of AWESOME book to movie news so let's discuss!

1) Looking for Alaska MOVIE


So John Green first novel Looking for Alaska is finally going to be a movie! I'm looking forward even though the book is probably my least favorite John Green book, I'm still intrigued to see how it looks like on the screen! The same team for TFIOS and PAPER TOWNS are returning to make the movie adaptation.

I'm planning to put up my Dream Fancast in the next couple of weeks so look out for that!

2) Paper Towns Movie Poster


Speaking of John Green, THE PAPER TOWNS MOVIE POSTER IS OUT AND...um.... ah...

I have mix feelings to the movie poster... like A LOT OF MIX FEELINGS!

I like the 'Get Lost' 'Get Found' tag line. It sums up the movie! 

While I like the mysteriousness of Cara and Nat on the poster... I kinds hate it because it's not relevant to the movie. Also WHY IS CARA'S HAIR SWEEP UP TO NAT'S FACE? I DON'T GET IT!



I feel like they were trying top hard to imitate the iconic TFIOS poster and while THAT WORKED because 1) it was sort of imitating the book cover of the two clouds if you flip the cover side ways 2) you see the close up of Hazel Graze nasal cannulous which of cause its significant for the character 3) its sweet and fluffy just like the movie.

I wish they had something like a map background or even them sitting on a mini van, JUST SOMETHING more relevant to the story (apart from Q's fascination with with Margo!) and not that blue background!

Its meh and very stereotype which  kind of a let down but who knows, I might like it the more I stare at it or not... ask me in 3 months! Anyways its just a poster, its the trailer and movie I should be anxious about!

 
UPDATE: Credit the person who made this awesome poster that I found on John Green's Tumblr.

I was stalking tumblr and saw this fanmade poster! This is what I pictured in my head for the poster! WHY CAN'T THIS BE THE REAL POSTER? IT RESEMBLES THE TFIOS POSTER BUT STILL RELEVANT TO THE STORY! 

Anyways its just a the poster and we should not judge a movie by ts poster like how not to judge a book by its cover.

What are your thoughts on the poster for Paper Towns? Love it? Hate it? Mehhhhh? Don't Care?
3) The Scorch Trials Movie Stills


Excuse me while I fangirl my excitement!

Pictures taken from this SITE

I AM FULL OF ADRENALINE JUST LOOKING  AT THE STILLS SO IMAGINE ME WHEN I AM WATCHING THE MOVIE! I'm talking BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS EXCITED!


From the looks of the pictures, like the first movie its gonna diverge a bit from the plot and once again expand Theresa's role (which I don't mind as I love Kaya who plays her!).

This I'm okay with as it worked very well for the first movie and if they do it right it should work for this movie!


I'm super excited for this movie as The Scorch Trials is my MOST FAVORITE James Dashner's book to date and from the looks of the pictures IT LOOKS EPIC AND BADASS!


Also is it bad that I'm mostly looking forward to this scene of them upside down hooked on the leg? Its not in the book BTW so I'm intrigue to see what that scene is about!

THEY BETTER NOT HURT MY MINHO!

What are your thoughts on the stills??? 


(Click Here) for my review on 'The Scorch Trials'.

(Click Here) for my review on "The Maze Runner Movie"

4) I'm ready for Insurgent movie!


Insurgent movie is being released NEXT WEEK!!!

I marathon the rest of the Divergent series so I finally read Insurgent and love it! Looking forward to the movie which is coming out next week and nope I still have yet to watch the trailers!

So that's my book to movie news round up and am super excited to see all of them!

Let me know any book to movie news and up and coming book to movie adaptations you guys are excited about in the comments!

Also check out my Anticipated Book To Movie Adaptation of 2015 for the adaptations I'm excited for!

Till next time!

http://rotantrm.tumblr.com/http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fchannel%2FUCUAWP6QVvVlzhQG12lycQJw&ei=zMi3U4PLHIarkwXziYHQAg&usg=AFQjCNG0Zc952xsGoL6t-VO-JpAm3c3BCA&sig2=p1LtVCY2r5lC9ddpaqTqgAhttps://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5251690-rou-min



3 comments:

  1. I was on twitter when the poster got released and I was all like OMG OM- oh. Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan either. I think they should have tried to do the same sort of thing they did with TFIOS like you said with the cloud symbolically.
    And while I wasn't the biggest fan of LFA book, I will still see the movie. I just felt the writing wasn't very good and I couldn't connect to it in LFA but I did like the idea of the story so maybe this will be one of those movies where I prefer the movie to the book!
    Thanks for sharing Row!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you for LFA! it took like one third of the book for me to connect before I start to enjoy it! As for paper towns the stills just got released and it looks cute! I'm hoping the trailer will make me forget about the poster! :D

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoyed the Insurgent movie a lot more than I did, Rou! Man, that Paper Towns poster looks so dodgy, I much prefer the fan-made one better. I thought Maze Runner was just okay, hopefully there's more action in the 2nd movie. Great round-up Rou!

    ReplyDelete