Sunday 21 December 2014

November Wrap Up, and Highlights!


And oh gosh am I late at posting this wrap up! Better late than never?!?! 

November has come and gone which means we are one month closer to the new year! 

Also means Christmas is near!!! 

So November was an eventful month with exams, moving out of the dorms and my 21st Birthday!


This Is What Happy Looks Like by
Admission (Pandora Jones, #1) by

Deception (Pandora Jones, #2) by

Tall Dark and Distant (Smitten) by 

Maybe Someday (Maybe #1) by 5/5 stars (review coming soon) 

Considering the fact I had exams I managed to catch up on my reading the moment my exams were over and read 5 books.

My favorite book I read this month is hands down Maybe Someday! I finally read a Colleen Hoover book and am whacking myself in the head for not reading her books sooner.Great New Adult contemporary which was cute yet an emotional roller coaster. Definitely checking out her other books so shoot me with your Colleen Hoover recommendations!

I also enjoy the Pandora Jones series by Barry Jonsberg. Check out this series if your a fan of the 'dauntless booth camp' from Divergent and the mystery, confusion and fast pace action from The Maze Runner series with a great paranormal twist. Need the last book now but its not coming out till next May so expect me to get my hands when its released!

As for 'This is What Happy Looks Like' and 'Tall Dark and Distance' they were both cute summer contemporary fluff but were kinda meh... I like that it was cute and fluffy but there was either something flat with the writing style or i was not a fan to the plot.

Other than that its still a great reading month though it started out slow.

Also I've achieved my 2014 reading challenged this month of reading 75 books, which I finished the challenge with Pandora Jones Admission.


1) No Sound Without Silence by The Script


I've been anticipating The Script's new album No Sound Without Silence since I first saw the title track 'Superhero' music video. I love this album! It reminds me a bit of their previous album Science and Faith which is their best album to date.

My favorite songs from the album includes Flares, Man on a Wire and Never Seen Anything "Quite Like You".


I also love the music video for No good in Goodbye! It once again reminds me of something out of the Science and Faith album.

2) Blank Space Music Video


Okay.... this is hands down the best music video I've seen from Taylor Swift!

Its dramatic and insane but also hilarious and freaking beautiful! Long story short I died watching the music video as its amazing!!!

I mentioned in my 1989 album review (click here) that I want Blank Space to be a Music video and when I saw the behind the scenes pics that Taylor tweeted I thought it was for Out of The Woods. I'm so glad its for Blank Space its my top favorite track in the album and its deserves a music video (well all of the songs in the album deserves a music video but Blank Space is at the top of the list!)

Also Taylor has teamed up with Amex to make a 'playable music video' where you can collect Easter eggs around the mansion with Polaroid clues. Its really cool as you follow Taylor and her lover around the mansion with this wicked 360 degrees camera.


3) I don't know about you, I'm feeling 21

I celebrated my 21th Birthday this month and gosh was it an awesome day!

I'm a bit sad that my family was not in Australia to celebrate my birthday with me but I've kinda gotten used to it as I have been living away from home for almost 5 years. Still its bittersweet not being able to share celebrating my Birthday with my family.


Even so I have some awesome friends and dormies who planed a surprised party for me and boy was I caught off guard!

Shout out to my Glenn Friends for planned the BBQ!!!

So yah that's my wrap up, highlights and favs for the month!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment