Wednesday 7 January 2015

December Wrap Up, Highlights and Favorites 2014


December has come and gone and same goes for 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR and HAPPY 2015!!!

Let's start out the New Year with warping up December.



Maybe Not (Maybe, #1.5) by Colleen Hoover * 5/5 Stars

Unlit Star by Lindy Zart 4.5/5 Stars

Captive Films: 1.2 by Jillian Dodd4/5 Stars

Captive Films: 1.3 by Jillian Dodd4/5 Stars

Aura by Kylie Malchus 5/5 Stars


Books with * are novellas

So I read 12 books this month! 6 physical books, 2 ebooks and 4 novellas!

My top pick will have to be the first two books in the The Mortality Doctorine series by James Dashner, Spark by Rachael Craw and Aura by Kylie Malchus.

This was the month where i really got into sci-fi!

Both The Mortality Doctorine series and Spark were great action pact sci-fi reads with mind blowing plot twist! Need the next book in both series! (also Need a Jamie from Spark!)

As for Aura, I have been wanting to read this book since it came out and the author happened to have it free on Smashworld over christmas and I enjoyed this book to bits! Its a contemporary with a fantasy twist about this girl who happens to paint the future of a popstar she likes and somehow befriends with him. The Plot is fast pace and there are some great plot twist I didn't see coming and the popstar Jesse is freaking adorable!

Unlit Star by Lindy Zars is so beautifully written. I first heard if off RachaelJadee's bookchat on Youtube and it sounded something up my all as its a new adult version of a mash up of The Fault in Our Stars and The Beginning of Everything, two of my all time favorite books and like both books this book is heart warming and heart breaking and gave me a good book cry. Its a great book about being positive and grateful on life and what we have.  

Because its Christmas I picked up Let It Snow as a Christmas Reads and really enjoyed it along with multiple cups of coffee and starbucks cause... if you read the book you'll know what meant.

Also in November I Read Maybe Someday and really enjoyed it so I picked up Maybe Not, The novella to Maybe Someday and enjoy it to bits! I love getting to read from Warner POV as he is one of my favorite characters in Maybe Someday.

I also really enjoy the Captive Films series by Jillian Dodd which is a spin off series to the The Keatyn Chronicle showing the characters as Adults. I love the The Keatyn Chronicle which was very fun and addictive series which gets better as the series progresses and the Captive Film series is no exception and actually surprise me like The Keatyn Chronicle

Lastly I finally read These Broken Stars and while I like it I didn't love it. Maybe it was a bit too hype for me bit I didn't enjoy it as much as I expected as I found some parts a bit draggy and boring but still did like it. It has a good air of mystery and some really creepy and provoking stuff happens trough the book. Most importantly the two main characters are amazing! They are those that are more that meets the eye and gets better as the book progresses. Also the build up between Tarver and Lilac's relationship was really good and sweet, starting out as a bit of a love hate relationship, turn put aside their differences in order to stay alive.

As for my Goodreads reading Challange, I mentioned in my last month's wrap up that I surpassed my reading goals for 2014 and this month with the amount of books I read I brought my total tally up to 90 book. 


1) Home!!!

In case you guys don't know I'm from Malaysia but live in Australia for University and am Currently home for the summer vacation. Long story short Home Sweet Home, Its good to be home :D.

2) Rose Jam Shower Gel from Lush


Okay so I gave my mum this shower gel for her last birthday and she has yet to use it as she loves the scent and how it makes the room smells of roses. She finally used it this month as its a month away from being expired and I sneaked a bit (okay a lot) from her as mine is long gone and I love the scent of Rose Jam! I highly recommencement you guys ever see this in Lush though sadly its a Christmas shower gel so It might be limited edition.

3) Traveling and Road Trips

Okay one reason for the lack of blogging on both YT and my blog is due to the fact I've been traveling with my family! In December I went to Thailand and took a road trip to Singapore, Johor and Perak to visit family. I guess its also one of the reason why I read a lot as I read to kill time in the car and on the plane.

4) Christmas Music
Christmas won't be Christmas without a playlist of Christmas music. I had this three albums on repeat trough the month of December and are CDs that I'll always pull out during the holidays.

My top favorite is Believe by Josh Groban from The Polar Express soundtrack, So Much To Be Thankful For from Josh Groban's Noel and Pat A Pan & Melody of Christmas from David Archuleta's Christmas from The Heart.

A couple of other music favorites include River by Joni Mitchell and for non christmas favorites is Millionaire by The Script. 

5) The Polar Express




Also the Polar Express is hands down my all time favorite Christmas Movie so watched it a couple of times in the month of December. 

6) Legend Of Korra Book 4 


Gosh Legend of Korra is over *sniff *cries

I can't believe book 4 is completed and so is the series.


Its kinds bittersweet as I grew up with the avatar series and I can't believe how far this show has come. Even so the ending of the series was good and book 4 brought so many surprise and a great closure and wrap up to the Avatar world. 

I'm really hoping the creators continue on with the series via Comic like the original series.

So that's my Wrap Up, Highlights and Favorites for the month.

*Quick little note, I am still gonna be traveling trough the month of January and maybe February so I'll be slow on posting content both here on my blog and my youtube channel as I won't have access to a computer or internet or both.

Till then subscribe or follow me on my social media for updates!

http://rotantrm.tumblr.com/http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fchannel%2FUCUAWP6QVvVlzhQG12lycQJw&ei=zMi3U4PLHIarkwXziYHQAg&usg=AFQjCNG0Zc952xsGoL6t-VO-JpAm3c3BCA&sig2=p1LtVCY2r5lC9ddpaqTqgAhttps://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5251690-rou-min


No comments:

Post a Comment