Thursday 23 October 2014

READ-A-THON #1 : RYBSAT Round 3 Wrap Up!!!

Heya!!!

So I participated in my first ever Read-A-Thon that is the Read Your Bookshelve-A-Thon aka RYBSAT is hosted by Miranda from Bookss101 and Gary from BookNeedLove 

The read-a-thon went from 1st Oct to 8st Oct. I have made a TBR blogpost where I planned on reading 5 books and all 5 books I read! 


1) Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti 

4/5 stars

 I started the read-a-thon on the sad side. The book follows Noelle who face being bullied in school. While I like the inspirational and positive notes of keeping strong when the going get's though, I had mix reaction with the main character as there were times here I round Noelle a bit too whiny and annoying. Even so I like the book and how it handled the heavy situations.

2)  Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

3/5 stars

While I enjoyed Rachel Cohn & David Levithan other book Dash and Lily's book of dares, I was not that big of a fan of this. The characters took a while to warm up to and the pacing was a bit too fast. If this book had like 20-50 more pages I'll probably enjoy it more. Still it was a good read and the romance was quiet cute.

3) Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik

3.5/5 stars

 I managed to finish this in a day!

A great modern Pride and Prejudice retelling and a good spin to 'love hate relationship' romance.

Very different from what i expected in a good way. It was refreshing to read a book with a cliche blurb where the book turned out to be anything but cliche.While I love most of the characters especially Elise and her parents of cause there were a couple of characters that annoy the heck out of me. I love the family value the book holds. Also I could relate to having parents like Elise and her sisters as trust me they will be thankful for having strict and grounded parents. It reminds me a bit of To All The Boys I love before and Isla and the happily ever after.

 4) Fool Me Twice (If Only . . . #1) by Mandy Hubbard

 4/5 stars

This is a great vacation read!

The book follows Mackenzie working at a spa for the summer that her ex-boyfriend happen to work there too. When her ex hit his head and looses his memory not to mention forgetting that he broke up with Mackenzie, she takes advantage of this with a string of revenges and pranks.

This was a really cool concept for a romance! I love the relationship between Mackenzie and Landon! It was both laugh out loud and ridiculously sweet. I also love reading about her bestfriend Bailey.  


4/5 stars 
Once again another great vacation read! 

Piper is sent off to Italy and makes a bucket list of things she wants to accomplish during her trip in including falling for an Italian.

I love the concept of this book! It reminds me a bit of 13 little blue envelopes by Maureen Johnson without the envelopes and that it takes around Italy.

Surprisingly this book is more family and friend centric than the romance but it is still very enjoyable. 


Overall my first experience was a success! I manage to achieve my goal of reading all 5 books, knock out a chunk of my ever growing TBR pile and read a total of 1302 pages.

 I will definitely be participating in future read-a-thons so if you know any upcoming read-a-thons let me know in the comments!

Thank you so much to Miranda and  Gary for hosting the read-a-thon! Can't wait for the next round!

Also check out the video where i chit chat about the books!



No comments:

Post a Comment